Grilled Herb Marinated Flank Steak
This needs to marinate 24 hours so plan ahead. Marinating time is not included. This is really nice served over a bed of greens or with rice.
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons red wine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 2 lbs flank steaks
- Combine all ingredients (except steak) to form a paste.
- Pound steak on each side with a meat mallet to tenderize.
- Coat the steak with the paste and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Grill steak for 5-7 minutes on each side.
- Thinly slice across the grain and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was a nice, mild marinade that did not really pop on first taste but grew in flavor as the meal progressed. I made the marinade exactly as written and actually marinated the meat for 48 hours. Some salt on the sliced meat was needed to bring out the flavors of the marinade. Thanks for sharing this. Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag Game.Reply
Now this was a flavorful steak!! I used a top sirloin steak as it was on sale. I didn't use the jalapeno pepper as a family preference but otherwise made as written. I let the steak come to room temperature prior to grilling and then basted steak for first turnings on the grill. Thanks for sharing such a tasty marinade. Made for Stars Tag.Reply
see 9 more