Grilled Fish on Skewers
photo by Robin and Sue
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 25mins
- 700 g thick firm white fish fillets, cut into 1 inch cubes (such as monkfish or cod)
- 1⁄2 onion, very finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a bowl mix all ingredients apart from the fish.
- Add the fish to the marinade and make sure it is coated all over.
- Leave to marinate for at least two hours, stirring from time to time.
- Divide the fish onto four skewers. (Tip: If you use bamboo ones soak them in water beforehand to stop them from burning).
- Place under a hot grill or onto the BBQ and leave for about 8 minutes or until cooked through.
- Turn only once.
Made these up for ZWT II, I marinated some mushroom caps with the fish, parboiled some yams with pineapple juice, then cut up a wonderfully ripe pineapple. Set everything out and let people make up their own skewers to BBQ on the grill. This made a great dinner for a pool party with friends. Unfortunately, the pics I took were useless as I forgot to put the darned memory card back in the camera. But want to thank you for a wonderful recipe anyway.
Sylvie,This is a very tasty fish recipe,I of course used large crappie filets.But it worked really well.I did bake them in the oven though, because my hubby wasn't here to help me with the grill, and I am not good at the grill,but I can't see where that could have made any difference in the taste,they were very good.I had fried potatoes and made a salad and had garlic bread.This made a very satisfying dinner.Thanks for this recipe,Darlene
wow Sylvie, this is a wonderful way to serve fish, soo delicious and easy. I grilled it on our indoor grill and did it exactly as instructed except for the saffron, not in my budget, subed with tumeric. Will definately be doing this one again, often during the summer, this time I used halibut cubes, next time I'll try cod. Served it with potato salad and a green salad. Thanks for sharing a really tasty impressive one!!Next time it'll be for company!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi, I'm 31 and cooking and living in England. I was born in Germany and that's where I grew up and lived until I came to the UK to go to University in 1998. I never went back to live in Germany, even though all my family is still there.