Grilled Eggplant and Baguette With Balsamic Vinegar & Feta
- Ready In:
- Sprinkle eggplant slices with 2 t salt, place in colander and let stand 30 minutes. Wipe off salt and moisture with paper towels.
- Mix olive oil, thyme, 2 t salt and 1/2 t pepper in a medium bowl. Reserve 1 T oil mixture.
- Place vinegar in a small saucepan over high heat. Cook until reduced by half, 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in reserved 1 T oil mixture & let cool.
- Preheat grill to medium; brush grill with vegetable oil.
- Brush eggplant slices generously with oil mixture, leaving enough to grill the bread. Grill eggplant, covered, until slightly charred and tender, about 4 minutes per side.
- Increase grill temperature to high. Brush baguette with remaining oil mixture and grill until toasted, about 3 minutes. Cut baguette into pieces in various sizes.
- Place eggplant, baguette, and feta on a large platter. Drizzle eggplant with feta, then sprinkle torn basil over top. Serve with remaining vinegar mixture.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
When I was little, I wanted to grow up to be a chef. I grew up to be a doctor instead, but I still love to cook and eat! I especially love recipes that make use of fresh vegetables. <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg">