Grilled Creamy Cream Cheese Sandwiches
Quite possibly Hannah Swensen's very best mistake recipe! Simple and delicious!
- Ready In:
- 2 2 slices eggs, breat (,take your pick) or 2 slices whole wheat bread (,take your pick)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (1 package of chilled block not softened or whipped)
- 4 slices butter (softened)
- Butter two slices of bread. Place one slice buttered side down on a piece of waxed paper. Cut slices of cream cheese approximately 1/2 inch thick to cover surface of bread. Put the other slice of bread on top, buttered side up.
- Preheat a frying pan on the stove. Using a spatula, place your sandwich in the pan. Fry it uncovered until the bottom turns golden brown. (You can test it by lifting it up just a bit with the spatula.) Flip the sandwich over and fry the other side until it's golden brown. Remove the sandwich from the frying pan, cut it into four pieces with a sharp knife, arrange it on a place and serve it immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION