Grilled Corn With Honey-Ancho Chile Butter
- Ready In:
8 ears of corn
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature, divided (1 stick)
- 1 tablespoon dried ancho chile powder (can also use Mexican Chili powder)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon granulated garlic or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 ears corn, husked
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in small skillet over medium-low heat. Add chile powder and cumin; stir 10 seconds. Transfer to medium bowl; stir in honey and cool.
- Add oregano, coarse salt, granulated garlic, onion powder, and 6 tablespoons butter to butter mixture. Mix until smooth. [DO AHEAD: Can be made 2 days ahead. Cover; chill. Bring to room temperature.]
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Grill corn until charred in spots, turning often, about 13 minutes. Transfer corn to platter. Serve with honey-ancho butter.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">