Grilled Chili Lime Corn
- Ready In:
- 6 ears corn, with husks
- 1⁄2 cup real butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime zest
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 -2 teaspoon ground red chilies or 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder
- Prepare chili-lime spread by mixing all the ingredients together.
- Heat coals or gas grill.
- Remove large outer husks from each ear of corn;turn back inner husks and remove silk.
- Spread each ear of corn with about 2 teaspoons of chili-lime spread;reserve remaining spread.
- Pull husks up over ears and secure ends with fine wire(I don't secure mine)
- Grill corn uncovered 3 inches from MEDIUM heat 20-30 minutes,turning frequently,until tender.
- Serve corn with remaining spread.
- ***TIP***I grill my corn on my gas grill,on the top rack, covered,and it came out the same as directed.
Join The Conversation
Yum! We loved the lime twist of this corn. This was the first time we grilled corn in the husk. I'd been wanting to try it for a long time. It was good, but I'm not sure it was worth the trouble. Next time I'd cook it according to my usual method, but add that delicious chili lime butter! It wasn't too spicy, but still flavorful. I would also add about 1/4 tsp salt to boost the flavor a little more.