Grilled Chicken With Root Beer Sauce
photo by BearsFanJeff
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
2 1/2 cups sauce
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup root beer
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place the chicken breasts into gallon-sized storage bags.
- Combine all ingredients from the root beer through the salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Reserve 1 cup of the root beer sauce for basting.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the ckicken. Marinade in the refrigerator for an hour or more.
- Grill around medium hot coals or over medium heat on a gas grill for about 20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts.
- Turn frequently and baste with the root beer sauce to form a nicely carmelized coating.
- Serve and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!