Grilled Chicken With Penne Pasta and Fresh Cooked Vegetables
- Ready In:
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 4 cups fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 eggplant, cut in 1 ' dice
- 2 yellow squash, cut lengthwise in half and sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 4 ounces sun-dried tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Grill chicken and cut into 2” pieces and set aside.
- Cook Pasta to a soft bite, toss with a little EVOO and set aside.
- Heat the EVOO in a large sauté pan on a medium flame, add garlic, then add spinach and cook to soft and bright green I color, set aside.
- Heat the EVOO in a large sauté pan on a medium flame and add eggplant, zucchini, sun dried tomatoes, and cherry tomatoes. Cook until all vegetables are tender.
- In a large bowl toss the grilled chicken, pasta, and cooked vegetables, add salt & pepper to taste.
- Garnish with parsley and grated Parmesan cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook and bake, that is why I joined this site, which by the way it is very useful. I really like the fact that most recipes contained nutrition facts. I am a registered dietitian thus I take very seriously what I eat and put into my family's mouth. Most of the recipes I try I alter to make them more nutritious and healthy which they end up tasting still just great. This summer I have had more time to try some recipes from the site and hopefully soon I will be able to post some of my own, so stay tune.