Grilled Chicken With Cherries
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup fresh cherries, pitted
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small saucepan, combine sherry, chicken stock, cherries, vinegar and honey, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until cherries soften, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- While glaze is simmering, season chicken with salt and pepper, and grill until done.
- To serve, spoon cherry glaze on plate, place chicken breast in the middle and drizzle with more glaze.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I had a package of dried cherries someone gave me so I thought what the hey. When I first made the sauce I changed my mind and thought; never again. You add this sauce to the chicken and oh WOW is it fantastic!!!! Now, I am not one for using salt which I did not instead I used Emeril's Essence that I make by hand omitting half the salt when I do. I placed it on both sides of the chicken before grilling. I will absolutely make this again!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a real estate agent in the lovely city of Rochester, New York. That's not what I expected to do with my life. I got my bachelor's in psychology, my masters in literacy education, and I taught high school special education for two years. Then I discovered that helping people find the homes of their dreams was my real passion. I've been doing it for over two years now and still absolutely love my career. Other than that, I have a very spoiled Border Collie mix named Bear that I adopted from a local shelter in spring '08. He's gorgeous and fun and brings me great joy. Now if only I could find a man like that... LOL!