Grilled Chicken & Sausage W/Peaches and Peppers
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Adapted from Let The Flames Begin: Tips, Techniques and Recipes for Real Live Fire Cooking by Chris Schlesinger and John Willoughby
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 ripe but firm peaches, pitted and each cut into 8 chunks (can sub nectarines)
- 1 cup flat fresh parsley leaves, well-washed and dried
- 2 lbs boneless skin-on chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage link
- 2 red bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced thick
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 lb very thinly shaved pecorino romano cheese
- In large bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, garlic, black olives and salt and pepper. Stir in peaches or nectarines and parsley; set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken generously with salt and pepper and place over coals skin side down. Grill until breasts are just opaque throughout, about 7 to 9 minutes per side. Check for doneness by cutting into one of the breasts at the thickest point. It should appear opaque all the way through with no pinkness.
- Soon after you start grilling the chicken, put the sausages on the grill and cook, rolling them around occasionally until they are done. When they are both done, cut them into bite-sized pieces and add to the bowl with the vinaigrette and peaches.
- Coat pepper halves and onion slices with vegetable oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Place on grill and cook until they are well-browned. Cut into bite-sized pieces and add to bowl.
- Toss all ingredients together until everything is well-coated with dressing. Transfer to serving bowl, sprinkle with shaved pecorino and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION