Grilled Chicken-Blueberry Salad
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries, washed and picked through
- In a medium bowl mix together the oil, vinegar, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Divide and chill one half.
- With the remaining mixture pour into a plastic bag and add the chicken breasts.
- Seal and chill for 2 hours to overnight.
- Preheat grill to 350 degrees.
- Remove chicken from marinade-discard used marinade.
- Grill chicken for 6-8 minutes on each side, checking to make sure chicken is done and no pink is remaining inside deepest part of meat.
- Cut into thin slices.
- Place greens on a large serving platter.
- Mix together the celery, onion, peppers and carrots.
- Toss together with the reserved vinegar mixture.
- Place chicken slices on the greens, dress with the vinegar/vegetable mixture, and top with the blueberries.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!