Grilled Chicken and Vegetables
photo by Nimz_
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 1⁄4 cups Yoshida gourmet sauce
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into 2 inch squares (1-inch for kabobs)
- 8 medium mushrooms, halved
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise and cut into 1 inch pieces (approximately 2 cups)
- 15 wooden skewers, soaked in water 15 minutes (optional)
- Put chicken breasts (or cubes if making kabobs) in a zip bag with 1/4 cup of Gourmet Sauce; shake bag to coat chicken.
- Marinate 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- [Preparevegetables while chicken marinates.
- Grill or broil chicken for 8-10 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Baste chicken using 1/2 cup sauce during grilling.
- Remove chicken from grill and keep warm.
- Place vegetables in a grill basket or on a broiler pan and grill or broil for 10-12 minutes until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Heat remaining 1/2 cup sauce in a small saucepan.
- Slice chicken into strips and toss together with grilled vegetables and heated sauce.
- Alternate kabob method: While chicken is marinating, thread red pepper, mushroom halves, and zucchini cubes on soaked skewers.
- Thread marinated chicken cubes on skewers.
- Grill skewers until vegetables are tender crisp (15-20 minutes) and chicken is cooked (about 20 minutes).
- Baste the skewers during grilling.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><img src=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b158/bella_donata/My%20Art/ApronSwap2007.jpg border=0 alt=Made by Bella14ragazza /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg alt= /> <br /> DH loves Julia Child's The Way to Cook. My absolute two favorite cookbooks are Dorothy Ivens' Glorious Stew (1969) and Anne Sheasby's Light Pasta Sauces (1995). <br />My best hint to other cooks: WRITE in the margins of your cookbooks. I put the date made, rating, and who served to and with what if made for guests. <br />A month off? Go to the beach and read, read, read; go snorkling; beachcomb for shells ... <br /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/vjuhl/MEPcookathon.jpg alt= /></p>