Grilled Balsamic-glazed Peaches
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Got this one from Southern Living. Haven't tried it yet but plan to very soon. Posted for safe keeping.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 firm ripe peaches, peeled,halved,and pitted
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Add the balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, pepper, and salt to a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Lay peaches in a shallow glass dish.
- Pour marinade mixture over the peaches; toss gently or turn to coat.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Remove peaches from marinade; reserve 2 tablespoons of marinade mixture and set aside what is left.
- In a small bowl whisk the 2 tablespoons marinade and oil until blended well (this will be used as a vinaigrette so set it aside, too).
- Place peach halves, with cut side down on a greased grill rack, over medium heat.
- Cover with grill lid and grill about 5 minutes on each side or until firm and golden, baste with remaining marinade.
- Serve peaches with vinaigrette.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION