Grilled Bacon-Jarlsberg Cheeseburgers
- Ready In:
- Cook bacon strips in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Mix ground chuck, burger seasoning and 2 slices crumbled bacon in a medium bowl. Shape mixture into 4 burgers about 3/4" thick.
- Grill the burgers over direct high heat with the lid closed as much as possible, 8 to 10 minutes, turning once when the patties release easily from the grill grate.
- During the last couple of minutes of cooking, put 1 slice Jarlsberg on top of each patty to melt. At the same time, toast the hamburger buns, cut side down, on the grill.
- Assemble burgers on toasted buns by topping each with 2 slices bacon, rings of red onion (as desired), lettuce, tomato and other condiments of your choosing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a transplant from Alabama now living in a St. Louis, MO suburb. After many years as a senior consultant, I had to have major surgery with a long recovery period, which is when I found your site. What a thrill!! I spent many years collecting cook books before losing them all (including my Mom's recipes) in a house fire. I still collect books when I can, but more often I frequent 'Zaar and get the best recipes! I rate the recipes I really love, which is why most of my ratings are high. So far I haven't encountered a recipe I didn't like where I didn't change something in the original, and I don't think it fair to give a low rating under those circumstances. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">