Grilled Au Gratin Potatoes
Easy side dish from your grill with no clean-up, just toss the foil away. a Betty Crocker recipe.
- Ready In:
- 1 (20 ounce) package frozen french fries, thawed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onions with top
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Place potatoes on an 18-inch square of double thickness heavy duty aluminum foil; top with cheese, green onions and half-and-half; dot with butter; sprinkle with salt and paprika, then toss.
- Wrap securely in foil; cover and grill packet 4-5 inches from medium coals, turning 2-3 times, until potatoes are hot and cheese is melted, 20-25 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I just love how quick and easy this is to get together and throw on the grill. The use of frozen french fries is a handy shortcut that eliminates the peeling, slicing and dicing and gets you in and out of the kitchen in short order--so nice in the summer months when you don't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. I used Ore-Ida steak fries and halved the recipe for the three of us--mine were a tad salty so apparently my fries already had plenty of salt in them. Next time I will use the non-stick aluminum foil for the inside layer that the potatoes are on as that would eliminate any sticking problems. Thanks for sharing this great summertime recipe!Reply