Grilled Apple Sundae
photo by Probably This
- Ready In:
- 2 cups granny smith apples, 4-5 apples
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 poundcake
- vanilla ice cream
- aluminum foil
- Peel, core and slice apples.
- Mound a layer of apples on a piece of foil.
- Cover apples with dabs of butter,cinnamon,sprinkle with brown sugar & top with the corn syrup & nuts.
- Make a tent over the apple mixture with foil, making sure side are sealed.
- Grill on medium for about 20 minutes.
- Slice pound cake in thick slices & grill for 30 seconds to 1 minute per side.
- Place pound cake slices in bowls & top with ice-cream & the hot apple mixture.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yummy!! I loved this, and everyone in my family gobbled it down! The apple mixture was easy to put together, and it was nice to throw it on the grill and not have to worry about stirring or sticking!! We did leave out the pecans as our kids don't do well with nuts yet. I had to watch the poundcake closely on the grill, but it was so yummy to get that slightly toasted, slightly smokey texture & flavor! Very easy to make, fun to make on the grill, and so tasty when all piled together with the ice cream! Thanks!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><img src=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/vjuhl/MEPcookathon.jpg alt=/ /></p>