- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups pomegranate seeds, about a 1-pound pomegranates
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process briefly to break up the seeds. Transfer to a 1-quart Mason jar and set the jar aside for 3 days in a cool, dark place, but don't refrigerate.
- Strain the contents through a fine sieve into a 4-cup glass measuring cup. Allow the liquid to drip through; this could take up to 30 minutes.
- Transfer the strained liquid to a medium-size nonreactive saucepan. Bring just to a boil over low heat, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature before using. Store the Grenadine in the refrigerator, where it should keep for up to 6 months.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am from Andover, Ma. We have a place in Maine where we spend most of the summer. I have a wonderful husband in my life that I thank God for everyday. I love to cook and bake. It relaxes me. And I love it when I see the smiles on peoples faces when they love what I have cooked. Thanks to all of you and your recipes this happens alot!</p>