Greens, Apple and Walnut Salad
I created this one night with what I had on hand. Simple and yummy, and a change from the same old tossed salad.
- Ready In:
- mixed baby greens, of your choice
- 1 large apple, diced (I use Gala)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, shaved or shredded not grated
- 1⁄4 cup walnut oil
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Mix greens, apple, cranberries, and walnuts in large bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients in small bowl, pour over salad. Toss. Sprinkle parmesan on top.
- Can substitute bleu cheese crumbles for the parmesan, if desired. Can also add a bit of red onion, if you like (I don't).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION