Green Tomato Pickle Relish
- Ready In:
12 250-ml bottles
- 8 cups green tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons coarse salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups vinegar, white
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 3 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 3 cups onions, diced
- 2 sweet red peppers, diced
- 1 hot pepper, diced (optional)
- Combine tomatoes and salt. Let stand overnight and then drain.
- In a large sauce pot combine the sugar, vinegar, seasoning, and onions.
- Bring to a boil, simmer 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and peppers to pot, simmer another 5 minutes.
- Bottle and seal to preserve.
- *hot pepper options: 1 pickled pepperoncini = mild heat, 1 pickled banana pepper = medium heat, 1 halapeno = hot heat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!