Green Tea Panna Cotta
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup japanese green tea (sencha)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups cream
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1 1⁄2 sheets gelatin or 4 teaspoons powdered gelatin
- Add green tea, milk, cream and sugar in a pan and heat slowly till sugar is completely dissolved and the mixture is about to boil.
- Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to"brew" for 10 minutes.
- Strain the infusion back into a clean pan.
- Soak the gelatine in 3 tablespoons of warm water until it is spongy.
- Whisk into the cream mixture and heat gently until the gelatine has dissolved.
- Pour into 4 lightly greased 150ml (5 fl oz) moulds or chinese teacups.
- Refrigerate till they are set.
- Serve them in the pretty teacups when ready, or turn them out onto individual plates.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
(READ MORE ABOUT ME AND MORE RECIPES AT vanessafrida.livejournal.com) Thanks for clicking on my name and finding out more about myself. I stumbled upon 'zaar by chance, and I have been hooked ever since. It is just so much easier surfing online for a recipe then flipping through a zillion cookbooks. I am a big fan of healthy meal, and i love to use heaps of garlic in my food. Guess it is the asian blood in me. :) And I am a real sweet tooth, and I'm constantly on a lookout for cake and biscuit recipes. Have a look at the recipes i have posted, and tell me what you think. Thanks!