Green Tea Citrus Smoothie
- Ready In:
- 4 green tea bags
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup lemon sorbet, frozen
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 cup club soda, well chilled
- Place tea bags in heatproof mug, then add boiling water & steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove & discard tea bags, & refrigerate brewed tea until cold.
- Place chilled tea, sugar, lemon juice, lemon sorbet & 4 ice cubes in blender, blending on high until mixture is frothy & ice cubes finely ground, up to 1 minute.
- Pour into pitcher, then add club soda & stir carefully to mix.
- Pour into 2 tall glasses & enjoy!
Join The Conversation
This was very good and refreshing. I had to sub lime for the lemon because I can't find lemons here in Mexico. I halved the recipe and the green tea came out way too strong so I actually ended up with two servings because I doubled the sorbet, the club soda and the sugar. My DH doesn't like green tea so I HAD to drink it all ;)