Green Tea Bath Salts Gift in a Jar
photo by BakinBaby
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup epsom salts
- 2 tablespoons green tea leaves
- 1⁄4 cup dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 cup dried flower petals or 1/2 cup potpourri
- 2 tablespoons dried lemon zest or 2 tablespoons orange zest
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl.
- Place about 2 Tablepsoon of mixture in a 6" square of cheesecloth, tie tightly with string.
- Drop into your bath water, relax and enjoy the smell of rosemary and green tea.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very, very lovely! The aroma is heavenly. I used equal parts lavender and rose petals, but for some reason I couldn't find my rosemary, so I did without that. Next time I make it, though, I think I will reduce the orange zest by half, or even omit it altogether... partly because I think the scent (without the rosemary to balance it) overpowered the florals, but mostly because I seemed to have a slight skin reaction to the citrus oil. Other than that, this yielded a perfectly wonderful bathing experience...just the thing I needed after a long and stressful week. I know I will make this often. Thanks for sharing it!
This is wonderful and makes you feel like you are floating in a garden somewhere warm. I think I will make a batch or two as gifts for the patients at my cancer therapy group. I could have soaked for hours with just the smells alone. I love rosemary, orange and flowers. I did use leftover Chritmas potpourri which includes cinnamon, thyme, orange rinds, apples and pine cones. Next shopping trip out I am going to see if there are any more packages left over on sale from the holidays. This is wonderful. Grab a book ladies you will not want to get out. Thank you Bakinbaby Made for Comfort Cafe 2009.