Green Split Pea Gazpacho
photo by palousebrand
- Ready In:
- In medium size saucepan bring water to a boil and add split peas. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer peas until soft, approximately 20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Rinse saucepan. Using the same saucepan, melt butter on medium heat. Add shallots and cook until softened (not browned) for a couple of minutes.
- Add broth and mint sprigs to the shallots, increase heat and bring to a boil. Add drained split peas and salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for approximately 5 minutes while flavors blend.
- Discard the mint and puree the soup in a large blender until velvety smooth. Be careful the mixture will be hot.
- Blend in the cream.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill to serve cold.
- Blend sour cream and half & half together to garnish, adding fresh mint strips if you desire.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!