MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A great way to eat your spinach! This is really good tasting, low cal and very healthy! I know it sounds very weird, but give it a try. My 11 year-old gives it thumbs up, too.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups fruit juice (I like orange-pineapple)
- 1 frozen banana, cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 cup yogurt (I use plain fat-free)
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- (Peel the banana BEFORE you freeze it!).
- Pour juice into a blender jar.
- Add chunked banana, yogurt, and spinach.
- Blend thoroughly on High.
- Enjoy! This recipe obviously can be tweaked to your heart's content -- add other fruit, use flavored yogurt, or even add ice cream or sherbet. It's an especially good way to use fruit that's slightly past its prime.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Really enjoyable. My kids didn't even realize it had spinach in it! They did think that the OJ pineapple juice was too strongly flavored, so next time I will try apple juice or white grape juice. I did cut the juice down to one cup and added some ice cubes. Some other time, I'm also going to try soy milk and increase the yogurt .... probably not at the same time!Reply
Very tasty. Modified slightly for what I had on hand. Apple cider for my juice and cottage chese instead of yogurt (love the texture it gives smoothies). Tossed in some blueberries also. I agree with some other posters, if you like thick smoothies, decrease the juice to 1 cup, I ended up blending a few ice cubes in mine to thicken it up. This makes enough for 2 smoothies easily. Great taste and so healthy! Thanks for posting.Reply
see 7 more