Green Salad With Spinach, Artichokes and Avocado
- Ready In:
- 1 head boston lettuce
- 1⁄4 lb baby spinach leaves
- 1 large avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichokes, drained
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- Wash and dry all the greens and place in a bowl.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl t(hat will fit the avocado slices and artichokes) and mix with a whisk to emulsify.
- Toss the avocado and artichoke hearts in the dressing to coat, adjust seasoning if needed, and leave to marinate for about 30 minutes.
- To serve, add the avocado, artichokes and dressing to the lettuce and spinach leaves and lightly toss.
- Serve at once.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I've collected recipes since I was a teen. After all these years I'm trying to get all my index cards and clippings, that still sound interesting to me, posted here so that I can find them and eventually make them! <br /> <br />I've posted some of my Mom's recipes. I regret not having paid more attention to my Grandmothers' cooking. They made some dishes that I miss and there were/are no recipes for them. <br /> <br />I have a wonderful DH and 2 wonderful sons. They are thrilled that I found this site since they directly benefit from it! Before finding 'Zaar, I was less of a cook and more of a recipe collector but now I try many more things and we're having more fun in the kitchen (at least I am)! <br /> <br />Thanks for all your ratings, comments and help in the forums AND for posting so many great recipes. You've enhanced my cooking skills and expanded my horizons! I've learned so much. <br /> <br />For fun, I also like to read fiction, travel, see movies and shows, shop (and I love to browse thrift shops and rummage/garage sales for cookbooks, etc.). <br /> <br />The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a new star Brillat-Savarin</p>