Green Pepper Meatloaf
Very delicious Meatloaf with a little spice to it. = )
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1 7⁄8 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 garlic clove (or 2 Tbsp garlic powder)
- 1 cup cooking oats (or dried bread crumbs)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 5 chopped green peppers
- * Thaw beef in microwave until its not frozen.
- * In a large bowl knead in all ingredients, except peppers.
- * Dice the green peppers and spread in bottom of a glass baking pan.
- * then place meat on top of peppers, and bake at 325 for about an hour.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I'm not sure this recipe gives 4 meatloafs. I used a little bit less of ground beef (1 1/2 lb). I used quick-cooking oats. I used 2 green bell peppers that I chopped roughly and put in a loaf pan and then put the meat on top. My son liked it with ketchup on top. Maybe it would be better to mix the peppers in the meat. Cause when we slice and serve the peppers fall apart and don't stick to the meat. Thanks chef :) Made for Bargain Basement tag gameReply