Green Olive Sauce (With Pasta, Fish or Omelet)
photo by Dienia B.
- Ready In:
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large yellow onion, very finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- scant 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1 2⁄3 cups green olives, pitted and finely chopped (I used the kind with pimentos)
- fresh lemon juice
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, saute the garlic and onion in the 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, until softened, a few minutes.
- Add the both and cream and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat, add the olives and let cool for a couple minutes. Taste and add a bit of fresh lemon juice if you like, as well as black pepper and/or red pepper flakes.
- You can keep this as is, or for a more sauce like consistency, feel free to blend/puree.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!