Green Chili Sauce
- Ready In:
- 4 -8 ounces pork, cut into small bite size pieces
- 1⁄4 cup shortening or 1/4 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 (20 ounce) can whole green chilies
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped jalapenos
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- garlic powder
- brown pork.
- While pork is cooking, puree chili's, tomatoes, water and jalepenos in blender or processor.
- When pork is done add flour and brown, then add blended mixture and bring to a simmer.
- Add more water if too thick.
- Add salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste and simmer 20 minutes then serve.
Join The Conversation
Thank you for liberating me from buying overpriced green chili sauces. I can now make my own! I do a vegetarian version and like Bayhill, use cumin (but no sugar). I also saute onions & garlic, and added fresh cilantro and lime juice. Better than I could have imagined, especially now that the Hatch chili roasting season is upon us.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I LIVE IN LITTLETON, CO I HAVE 3 CHILDREN AND 4 GRANDCHILDREN and one more on the way, I GOT MARRIED VERY YOUNG (16) TO THE MAN OF MY LIFE, AND WE ARE STILL VERY MUCH IN LOVE TODAY, 28 YEARS LATER. IT WASN'T UNTIL MY CHILDREN LEFT HOME THAT I STARTED LEARNING HOW TO COOK (PROBABLY JUST FOR SOMETHING TO DO), BUT, I GOT HOOKED ON COLLECTING RECIPES FROM RECIPE SITES. THIS IS THE 1ST TIME I ENTERACTED ON ONE. HOPE ALL GOES WELL!