Green Chile 'n Cheese Biscuit Bread!
photo by Kathy
- Ready In:
- 1 (10 count) package refrigerated biscuits
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons canned green chilies, drained
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, blend
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Separate the biscuits. Place one biscuit in the center and place the remaining 9 in a circle around it, edges slightly overlapping. Gently press them together. You should get about a ten inch circle(with pretty scalloped edges).
- Combine olive oil (you could use melted butter) and chili powder. Brush over the biscuits. Sprinkle with chilies and cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minute until nice and golden brown.
- To serve; pull them apart.
- I have also used olive oil, chopped garlic, fresh minced rosemary and parmesan cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
It sure doesn't get any easier than this! We really enjoyed this biscuit bread, it was just the thing to have with your Recipe #128432 . We dipped these in the soup and it was so good. I did use a little more of the green chilies than the recipe called for, and also had to bake mine just a little longer than the instructions said, but otherwise made as directed. Made for Pick-A-Chef Fall 2009.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg alt= /><img src=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/annacia/Permanent%20Banners/cc-banner-7-09.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/Animation6.gif alt= /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg alt= /></p>