Green Chile Chicken Casserole
I don't remember where I found this recipe but its a yummy 1-dish meal that's easy to put together.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄3 cups fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup canned diced green chiles, drained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- cooking spray
- 24 6-inch corn tortillas
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the first 9 ingredients in a large saucepan, stirring with a whisk.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Spread 1 cup soup mixture in a 13 x 9 inch backing dish coated with cooking spray.
- Arrange 6 tortillas over the soup mixture, and top with 1 cup chicken and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Repeat layers, ending with the cheese.
- Spread remaining soup mixture over cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I found this same recipe on the AOL football "Tailgating Favorites" submitted by Teresa Marquez. The photo looks absolutely delicious and doesn't appear runny. We like green chilies and this recipe calls for more in quantity than the average casserole recipe. Plus, if Barb Gertz gives it 5 Stars, it's a definite!Reply
OK, although I totally screwed this up (note to self: thorougly read directions!) it tasted fantastic! I messed up on the layering and only had 2 layers, only 12 tortillas, so this was very saucy, BUT it still had a great taste and was super easy to fix. I will be making again! Thanks jovigirl for a keeper!Reply
see 4 more