Green Chile Burritos a La Crock-Pot
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Found this recipe in a newspaper a long time ago. Easy and tasty. Freezes very well. I once ate on these for a couple of months!
- Ready In:
- 10hrs 30mins
- 2 lbs beef roast
- 1 cup beef bouillon (1 cup water, 1 bouillon cube)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (7 ounce) can green chili salsa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 8 large flour tortillas
- Place roast in slow cooker with bouillon. Cook on low at least 10 hours, until meat shreds easily with fork.
- Reserve broth. Shred meat into 3 quart saucepan.
- Add broth, onion, tomatoes, chiles, and salsa.
- Add oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Thicken with cornstarch mixed with a bit of broth.
- Bring to boil and heat through, until onion is translucent.
- Put mixture in center of warmed tortilla and fold.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION