Green Beans With Toasted Hazelnuts
photo by Karen Elizabeth
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 cup hazelnuts, coarsely chopped (about 3 oz)
- salt, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 lbs slender green beans, trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, room temperature (1/2 stick)
- 2 teaspoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Place hazelnuts in small nonstick skillet.
- Stir over medium heat until lightly toasted, about 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt and set aside.
- Cook beans in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- Drain. (Can be made up to 2 hours ahead. Let beans stand in colander.).
- Melt butter in same pot over medium-high heat.
- Add beans and vinegar; toss to coat and heat through, about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with hazelnuts.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hi and thanks for visiting my AM page. My name is Vicki and I love to cook. I've always been an avid collector of recipes and cookbooks - in fact I have over 1200 cookbooks on my computer alone.</p> 8724165"