Green Beans with Sesame & Garlic
These are green beans with attitude. I think I got the recipe from Vegetarian Times, and it's never missed yet when served alongside a nice piece of fish or tuna steak. I like to cook the beans early in the day so I can throw it together in a snap at mealtime. I also use more garlic.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, quartered lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Cook beans 4 minutes, transfer to ice water to stop cooking.
- Drain and dry.
- This can be done up to 8 hours in advance- store in fridge.
- Heat peanut oil in wok over high heat.
- Add garlic and stir fry until golden, about a minute.
- Transfer to paper towel to drain.
- Add green beans, salt and sesame seeds to the wok.
- Stir fry 3-4 minutes, pressing beans against side of pan so they char in places.
- Combine sesame oil and soy sauce.
- Add to pan along with the garlic from earlier.
- Heat through (less than a minute) and serve.
- These are great hot, room temperature, and even cold.