Green Beans With Pepitas (Raw Pumpkin Seeds)
We enjoyed this super easy side dish as part of a turkey dinner. I bought the pepitas at Whole Foods. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (December 2009)
- Ready In:
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 cup pepitas (shelled, raw pumpkin seeds)
- kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cook green beans in pan of boiled salted water for 5 minutes. Drain and cool. Cut beans into 1-inch pieces.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add pepitas (pumpkin seeds), tossing until they pop and brown (5-10 minutes); sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper.
- **** green beans can be prepared 2 hours ahead to this point. Let stand at room temperature.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet over medium high heat. Add rosemary and garlic; stirring for about 15 seconds or so before adding beans and pepitas. Toss until heated through (2-5 minutes).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Let me start by saying we were snow in with no Pepita's! I really thought I had some. So I used sliced almonds in place of them. I had left over red onion so in they went. I used Recipe #407287 since my rosemary is covered with2 feet of snow. I did enjoyed this recipe. Thanks for the squeaky goodness.