Green Beans with Lemon-Cardamom Glaze
photo by MarieRynr
- Ready In:
- Combine the stock,lemon juice, lemon zest& ginger in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and continue boiling until reduced to apprx 1/3 cup (apprx 10 minutes).
- Stir in the pepper corns, cardamom& salt, set aside.
- Meanwhile steam the beans until tender crisp apprx 7 minutes or you may place them in boiling water for apprs 5 minutes- Do not over cook they should still be crisp and bright green.
- Chop the 1/2 lemon quite fine (you have already removed it from the rind and the pith).
- Heat the glaze (chicken stock et al) so it is piping hot just as the beans are finished cooking.
- Drain the beans, place on heated serving platter.
- Pour glaze over the beans& scatter the chopped lemon on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!