Green Beans With Garlic Vinaigrette
- Ready In:
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- In small bowl, combine garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until well combined.
- Steam beans until tender and still slightly crunchy; do not overcook.
- Toss with vinaigrette and serve.
Join The Conversation
We loved this quick and easy way to fix green beans! While the beans steamed, I quickly whipped up the vinaigrette...viola, it was done! I did add some dried basil, minced onion and a pinch of sugar to cut the tart of the lemon to the vinaigrette. This was delicious warm and we'll be eating the leftovers cold for lunch today. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe!<br/>**Made for Australian/ New Zealand Recipe Swap #73**
I noticed this recipe just before I put a pound of green beans (topped with a few slices of bacon) into the microwave. So in the few minutes it took for the beans to cook, I whipped up the garlic-lemon dressing. What a delicious result. Even hubby -- who rarely gives generous praise -- yummed-yummed his way through this great dish. Thanks for posting.