Green Beans With Garlic Butter and Almonds
photo by Texas Aggie Mom
- Ready In:
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄3 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Steam or boil the green beans until tender but still crisp; plunge into ice water or very cold water then drain well.
- Place the beans onto a clean tea towel then pat dry using paper towels.
- Place the beans into a heat proof bowl.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat; add in fresh garlic and chili flakes and stir 2 minutes (do not allow the butter to brown).
- Mix in the brown sugar, soy sauce and white vinegar; bring to a boil mixing constantly.
- Remove from heat then pour over the beans toss to coat.
- Mix in the almonds.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These were great!!!! I wasnt sure if I or my family was going to like the combonation of flavors but they complimented eachother beautifully. Even my 4 year old daughter loved them so much she asked for a second helping. This is definitely getting its rotation into our dinners. Thanks for the posting.
These green beans have a delicious, robust flavor. I steamed the green beans in the new zippered steam bags, then did the rest of the steps. We love garlic so I used the full 2 TBSP, but I left out the pepper flakes. The toasted almonds added a tasty crunch. Will make these again. Served with spaghetti and Recipe #242319