Green Beans With Coconut ( Indian Style )
- Ready In:
- Cook the beans till almost done ( I microwave them for about 8-10 minutes).
- Heat the oil and saute the cumin seeds, onions, ginger,garlic and green chillies.
- When the onions get a little brown, add the cooked green beans.
- Add turmeric.
- Add the coconut.
- Add salt to taste.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until all the ingredients are combined.
- Serve hot with rice or Indian bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delicious! I had some fresh green beans and I have never loved green beans so I was looking for an interesting way to cook them. I didn't use ginger or chiles because i didn't have any. Regardless, , this dish was a hit with my whole family (ten year old included). I served it over brown rice as a side dish. I now like green beans and will make this again soon!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
An Indian living in the US for the past couple of years. A full time graduate student. Love to cook. Cook lunch and dinner every day but really love it when we have guests for lunch or dinner. When I have guests, I allow myself to prepare a 3 or four course meal , not otherwise :).