Green Beans With Caramelized-Shallot Butter
photo by GaylaJ
- Ready In:
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots and saute' 4 minutes (or until golden); stir in vinegar and cook 1 1/2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in thyme, rind, salt, and pepper (I added more butter at this point).
- Cook beans in boiling water 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Combine beans and shallot mixture in a large bowl and toss well to coat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
An AMAZING side dish. It is as tasty as it is gorgeous on the plate! Delicious, quick & easy! The shallot butter can be made the day ahead and reheated. I bought my green beans in a steamer bag. I served at Thanksgiving and will make again & again. My GF passed this along to me. Glad to see it here! Thanks GaylaJ!
Tangy, lowfat side dish that's delicious and beautiful. I bought a huge bag of shallots at Costco and was glad, one cup is a lot of shallots! I like to balance heavier holiday foods with lighter selections, and this is a perfect side dish for a Thanksgiving or Christmas turkey. Gotta love Cooking Light..this beats the heck out of the nasty old green bean casserole..blech! Thanks for sharing the recipe, GaylaJ!