Green Beans With Bacon and Red Bell Pepper
From Bon Appetit, this is an easy side dish that goes very quickly. Fresh green beans are best, but this can be made with canned green beans also.
- Ready In:
- 6 slices bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed, cut in half
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut lengthwise into thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Cook bacon in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until brown and crisp.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towel and drain.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons drippings from skillet.
- Add green beans and bell pepper to skillet.
- Toss vegetables over medium-high heat until coated with drippings, about 1 minute.
- Add broth.
- Cover and cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to serving bowl. Sprinkle with bacon and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation