Green Beans in Garlic Tomato Sauce
- Ready In:
- cook green beans till tender-crisp.
- saute onion and garlic in butter.
- when onion is soft, about 3 minutes, stir in flour and paprika until well blended and cook for a minute.
- if it is too thick add some of the tomato juices.
- cook till slightly thickened, stirring constantly about 2 minutes.
- add tomatoes and green beans, breaking up the tomatoes with the back of a spoon.
- stir till coated, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes.
- simmer for 1 hour on the stove or put in crock pot for 2-3 hours if so desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I cooked these beans on top of the stove. I found that there was plenty of sauce so I served the it on a bed of spiral pasta with grilled ham steaks. This is a very nice way to cook beans. In fact I think that this recipe could be used as a main course with pasta and lots of cheese. A definite keeper. A tasty dish indeed. :-) Thank you...