Green Beans and Almonds
A very simple and delicious way to serve green beans.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, finely minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb fresh green beans or (15 ounce) can green beans, drained
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Add onion and garlic and saute until golden brown.
- Add green beans and cook slowly until hot.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in almonds.
- Sprinkle with cheese just before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Can you say Green Bean Heaven? At first I thought, so many ingredients and will probably be a so so side. These were the best green beans ever! I used a frozen package of Kroger Private Green Beans. I put them in a bowl and checked to make sure there were no stems. I put the minced onion and garlic and salt and pepper together. After I got the oil heated I tossed it into the pan and kept tossing until everything was hot. Then added the almonds and parmesan cheese and tossed. I had to review this because it was stellar and worthy of taking to a pot luck! Do it, serve hot. People will love you for it!
This was a great but simple twist to the green bean. My family loved it. One thing to consider when cooking the beans is how long. If you cook them till its hot in the center as the recipe states the beans will be crunchy. I had mixed likes with my group. Some wanted the beans a little more cooked. But great either way!