Green Bean & Tomato Casserole
Mixture of green beans tomatoes, bacon and spice to make a sweet yet tasty dish that even people that hate tomatoes will like, this is a favorite family dish my grandfather has been making for years.
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 15mins
- 1 (28 ounce) can of cut tomatoes (diced tomatoes may be substituted)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 (28 ounce) cans cut green beans, drained
- 1 large onion, diced
- 5 -7 slices of thick cut bacon
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 tablespoon butter or 1/4 tablespoon margarine
- black pepper
- Drain water from beans and tomatoes.
- Mix all ingredients (except bacon, and butter) in a large bowl.
- place in 9 X 13 GLASS backing dish.
- Lay bacon strips on top
- place butter in center of dish
- sprinkle black pepper to lightly cover top.
- cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 4 hours @ 350 degrees F Remove foil last 15 mins to brown bacon.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION