Green Bean Caesar
Another way to serve green beans.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans (or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Prepare and cook green beans until tender (10-15 mins) If using frozen, follow cooking directions.
- Toss green beans with all ingredients except bread crumbs, cheese and butter.
- Put in 1 1/2 qt ungreased casserole dish.
- Mix bread crumbs, butter and cheese.
- Sprinkle over green bean mixture.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Excellent! I wish I'd found this recipe at the beginning of the garden fresh bean season. The fresh beans were cooked perfectly. I used olive oil and balsamic vinegar like someone else did. The only change I'd make next time is to cut the amount of topping in half. Only thing that confused me was the serving size - I would rate this more like 2-4 servings than 6-8. Thanks again!
Yummy! Made as directed with my garden fresh beans & it was delish. I followed recipe exactly, with an extra splash of vinegar. I used white balamic vinegar in this recipe, it has a nice crisp flavor. Good thing I doubled the recipe cuz between the two of us there was none left!! Loved the flavor so much I may try shrimp this way!Thanks, Colleen!