Green Apple and Blue Cheese Coleslaw With Toasted Walnuts!
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar (Organic Brags)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 -3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons sweet onions, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 3 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 1 granny smith apple, julienned
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced thin1/3 c Walnuts toasted
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, toasted
- Place first 6 ingredients in a blender and pulse to combine.Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine cabbage, apple,carrots and green onions.Toss with dressing to coat.Refrigerate any left-over dressing for later use.Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.At serving time toss in Walnuts and Blue Cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
With these few modifications this recipe is a copy-cat of the wonderful slaw at Cover 3 Sports Bar in Austin, TX: Cut vegetable oil to 1/3 cup. Add 1 Tbsp. Walnut oil. Cut vinegar to 3 Tbsp. Cut syrup to 1 Tbsp. Sub 1 bag of TRI-color shredded cabbage slaw. Delete the carrot, since you'll have carrot in your slaw mix. Cut green onions to use only 4. I toss Everything in the bag to marinate. Best if left to marinate for 4 hours.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg alt= /><img src=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/annacia/Permanent%20Banners/cc-banner-7-09.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/Animation6.gif alt= /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg alt= /></p>