Greek Zucchini Cakes
photo by Sharon123
- Ready In:
- 1 lb zucchini, Grated
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or 3/4 teaspoon table salt
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano or 1/2 dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- olive oil
- Combine the grated zucchini and salt.
- Set aside for 5 minutes, but no more or it will be mushy.
- Rinse in cold water and squeeze dry in a towel or press in a strainer until dry.
- Combine the cheese, egg, green onions, flour, pine nuts, dill, oregano, garlic, and pepper in a large bowl; fold in the zucchini.
- Form into 24 small cakes (about 2 tbsp of mixture for each) and saute in olive oil, turning once, until brown, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately.
- A good cucumber, gyro type sauce is great to serve on the side with these.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have made 2 different zucchini cake recipies in the past few days,,,this was my favorite. The feta gives it a nice tang. I thought that they were a bit mushy in the middle so next time will sub 1/2 c bread crumbs for flower. Also made each the size of a small burger. Try these on an english muffin w/slice of tomato, leaf lettuce and a nice tiziki sauce...real yummy anytime of day!