Greek With Envy
photo by Muffin Goddess
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1⁄3 cup light Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 lb cheese tortellini
- 1 1⁄2 cups English cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3⁄4 cup roasted red pepper, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄3 cup minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients in a bowl; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions until tender but firm. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Drain again. Transfer tortellini to a large bowl.
- Add cucumber, tomatoes, red peppers, feta, green and red onions, oregano, and pepper. Mix well. Add dressing and toss again. Cover and refrigerate for one hour before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made this delicious pasta salad for tonight's dinner. I have had my eye on this recipe since seeing the wonderful photo and reading the ingredient list. Knew I had to make this recipe as it contains all my favorite ingredients. This may just become my fav pasta salad recipe and I am adding it to my Best of 2014 Cookbook. Thanks for posting this recipe.
Made this for lunch today -- loved it! I used roasted piquillo peppers in this, since I was out of regular roasted red peppers, and I used yellow onion in place of the red. I increased everything a bit, since my tortellini package was 24 oz instead of 16oz. My batch didn't come out quite as pretty as the original photo because I was rushing to get this done before work, but it's still an atttractive colorful dish that would be really nice at a potluck or summer BBQ. It's yummy, to boot -- can't go wrong with the pretty and delicious combo! I'll be keeping this recipe on hand for this summer. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2014