Greek Turkey Burgers
- Ready In:
For the burgers
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄3 cup kalamata olive, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup crumbled Greek feta cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 pita bread
- 8 lettuce leaves (Romaine, Green leaf or Red leaf)
- 1 tomatoes, sliced thin into rounds
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced thin into rounds
For the Tzatziki
- 8 ounces Greek yogurt
- 1⁄4 English cucumber, peeled and grated
- 2 teaspoons chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
To make the Tzatziki:
- In a medium bowl, stir to combine all ingredients. Add 1-2 tablespoons water to thin sauce if needed.
For the burgers:
- Equipment: Nonstick skillet and mixing bowls.
- In a large bowl, mix to combine ground turkey, olives, parsley, dried oregano, garlic, 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, salt and pepper. Divide into 4 portions and shape into burger patties.
- Warm olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, then fry turkey patties until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- To assemble turkey burgers, layer lettuce, tomato slices, onion slices onto open pita and top with burger. Garnish with remaining crumbled feta cheese and a dollop of tzatziki.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!