Greek Stuffed Mushrooms
A recipe from Coup de Pouce. Posted for ZWT - Greece
- Ready In:
- 24 large mixed mushrooms, stalks removed (regular mushrooms, not mixed)
- 1 cup tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, pits removed and chopped (kalamata)
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- Put mushrooms, smooth side on top, on a baking sheet that has parchment paper. Cook in a preheated oven of 425 F for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool a little bit. Flip the mushrooms, hollow side on top.
- In a bowl, mix tomatoes, olives, feta, garlic and basil. With a spoon, distribute this mixture in the mushrooms. Keep cooking at 425F 8 to 10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I love mushrooms, and this recipe is no exception. The saltiness of the olives and feta accentuate the tomato and mushroom very nicely. In addition, the recipe is quick to make and colorful! At first I gave this 4 stars, but after reheating some leftovers, I found they are delicious....maybe the flavor intensified overnight? Great! Made for Photo Tag!