Greek Salad with Hearts of Palm and Avocado
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a fantastic salad from the Houston Junior League Cookbook, Stop and Smell the Rosemary. It is great as a meatless dinner, or served at a brunch or dinner party. Enjoy!
- Ready In:
For the Salad
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 2 heads red leaf lettuce, torn
- 15 green olives, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can hearts of palm, drained and sliced into rounds
- 2 avocados, pitted,peeled and sliced
- 4 -6 ounces crumbled feta cheese (about 1 to 1 1/2 cups)
For the Dressing
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced fines herbes (equal parts chervil, chives, parsley and tarragon)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄4 cups olive oil (extra virgin)
- Combine lemon juice, herbs, mustard, Worcestershire, salt, pepper and garlic in a small bowl.
- Whisk in olive oil and set aside.
- Toss all lettuce in a large salad bowl.
- Add olives, hearts of palm, avocado and feta.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION